For Your BSN
Clinical experiences are required in the community health course before conferral of your BSN degree. They are completed with expert preceptors near the residence of the student.
Essential information about clinical experiences and policies related to clinical experiences can be found in the Undergraduate Student Handbook. Review this information carefully.
- Background checks
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Clinical agency agreements
- Clinical site requirements
- Code of conduct training
- Dress code
- Drug screening
- Essig Clinical Simulation Learning Center
- Policy and guidelines for addressing Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) infection
- Preceptor Policy
- Professional behaviors for clinical evaluations
- Safe clinical nursing practice and research policy
- Student health and immunizations
For Your MS(N)
clinical practica forms
All clinical experiences in the MS program are under the supervision of an approved clinical preceptor. The preceptor policy can be found in the link to the right while additional program specific preceptor qualifications and student-preceptor-faculty relationship guidelines can be found in the MS/DNP Graduate Handbook.
Clinical Experience Steps
- Review the MS/DNP Preceptor Policy above
- Review the MS/DNP Courses with Practica Requirements
- Students are responsible for acquiring their own preceptors. Once a preceptor is identified a Preceptor application and clinical agency contract must be completed. Preceptors are responsible for reviewing the Graduate Clinical Preceptor Guide (included in the application).
- Review the list of clinical agencies (to determine if a written contract is already in place).
- If no agency contract is in place have your preceptor submit the Preceptor Application and Agency Contract —https://missouri.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3NVd3hxkOv0vqeN — at least 12 weeks prior to your clinical experience.
- Once the Preceptor Application and Agency Contract are received both the preceptor and clinical site must be approved by the course faculty prior to beginning ANY clinical experience.
For questions regarding preceptor applications and agency contracts contact: Sherry Cass at 573.882.2416.