Join our team
For full-time ranked faculty inquiries:
Bonnie Wakefield, PhD, RN, FAAN
MU Sinclair School of Nursing
115 Business Loop 70W
Columbia, MO 65211
For part-time clinical adjunct inquiries:
Robin Harris, DNP, RN
Associate Dean of Academic Affairs
S410 Sinclair School of Nursing
Columbia, MO 65211
Scholars of Innovation
Join our scholars who are devoted to teaching excellence and research innovation. The MU Sinclair School of Nursing educates the next generation of nurses poised to assume frontline healthcare.
The MU Sinclair School of Nursing is an intregal part of the University of Missouri Health System. One of the most comprehensive health care networks in Missouri, the system includes three schools: Sinclair School of Nursing, School of Health Professions and the School of Medicine.
Why we are a great place to work:
- New state-of-the-art building to be completed 2022
- 2019 top 50 ranking in U.S. News & Worls Report
- Strategic, integrated and operational partnership with MU Health Care and MU Hospital.
- Received the 2 largest research grants in the history of Mizzou. Combined $35.6M from CMS.
- High NCLEX scores with a 96%pass rate
- 1 of only 15 nursing schools nationwide with a NIH funded T32 Institutional Training Grant
- 27% of faculty and emertiti faculty are Fellows in the American Academy of Nursing
- Substantial growth in all programs
- Committed to educational excellence
University of Missouri – Columbia
Established in 1839, the University of Missouri knows what it means to be first. We were the first public university west of the Mississippi River. We are home to the world’s first journalism school. We started the tradition of homecoming. As a flagship, land-grant institution and one of only 62 universities across the U.S. and Canada to be a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities, we are a campus where empathy, innovation and hard work combine to solve the world’s grand challenges.
Our community of students, faculty and staff enhances bovine reproduction, composes award-winning music and generates life-saving radioisotopes in the most powerful university research reactor in the country. We tackle diverse problems because Missouri is a diverse state – from the southern Ozarks to the northern plains. We are Mizzou, where Black and Gold runs deep and Truman the Tiger embodies our bold spirit.
This live/work/play philosophy doesn’t just help create a 24/7 downtown – it allows people to make a conscious decision about everything from walk-ability to sustainability to community engagement.
Sinclair School of Nursing Open Positions:
- PhD Tenured / Tenure Track Faculty
- Job Opening 22247
- Seeking a full-time 9-month tenure-track faculty position to teach in the undergraduate and graduate programs. Candidates should be research competent and highly motivated to conduct fundable research.
- Assistant Teaching Professor / Instructor Non-Tenure Track
- Job Opening 29985
- The Sinclair School of Nursing at the University of Missouri has openings for a full-time 9-month non-tenure track faculty position to teach in the undergraduate programs. We are seeking candidates with expertise in pediatrics, psychiatric mental health, obstetrics, and/or medical-surgical nursing. Candidates should be doctorally prepared. Individuals with MS preparation and experience may be considered for Instructor level positions.
The University of Missouri is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action Officer at (573) 882-4256.
Explore Our Programs
Explore our academic programs, from undergraduate and graduate to post-graduate opportunities. Many of our programs are available online for distance learners.
- Traditional BSN
- Accelerated BSN
- RN-BSN Online
- RN to MS(N)
- MS Care Management
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)