Contact the Office of Research
- Deidre Wipke-Tevis, PhD, RN –
Interim Assistant Dean for Research
- Lara Dieringer – Business Manager
- Sandra Dearlove – Senior Grant Writer
- Susan Silvey – Office Support Assistant IV
As a research institution, MU’s Sinclair School of Nursing takes great pride in its researchers’ achievements. With the fundamental goal of finding new ways to help patients, our researchers are improving nursing and other health-related professions through research.
The school offers a diverse range of research projects that provide care to people of all ages who are healthy and those who have acute and/or chronic medical conditions. The school also is proud of its strong and rapidly expanding focus in aging-related research.
The award-winning faculty of the Sinclair School of Nursing has been featured in thousands of medical journals and professional publications and developed innovative research in a variety of essential healthcare areas. Learn more about the faculty research completed at our school.
Students at the School of Nursing have opportunities to be part of outstanding research that affects the life and trajectory of nursing and medical care throughout the world. Learn more about student research and how they’re changing the world.
Undergraduate students can earn a stipend while gaining valuable skills by participating in research mentorships.
Grants are the Nursing Office of Research’s top priority. We provide services to faculty, postdocs, and students who are submitting grant applications.
Grant services are available to Sinclair School of Nursing graduate students pursuing grants or fellowships in conjunction with faculty advisers. Services include:
Assistance in developing a research agenda and research career trajectory.
- Grant searches and grant opportunity lists based on research interest areas
- Grant guidelines and application forms from:
Grant Proposal Development
- Statistics and grant-developed consultants
- Examples of funded grants
- Assistance with grant budgets
- Completion of grant application forms, including MU’s grant data form
- Assistance in design, mailing, data entry and analysis of feasibility surveys for nurse training grants
Grant Proposal Review
- Review of draft research grant proposals for scientific merit
- Scheduling of mock reviews
- Editing services for major external grants
Other Research Services
- Research assistants and other support related to research projects
- Liaison for contractual services (such as data entry) with other campus entities
- Assistance with preparing and submitting research-related award nomination packets