Contact the Office of Research
- Deidre Wipke-Tevis, PhD, RN –
Interim Assistant Dean for Research
- Lara Dieringer – Grants and Contracts Administrator
- Sandra Dearlove – Grant Writer
- Susan Silvey – Office Support Assistant IV
As a research institution, MU’s Sinclair School of Nursing takes great pride in its researchers’ achievements. With the fundamental goal of finding new ways to help patients, our researchers are improving the nursing profession through their research.
Since 1995, the School of Nursing has increased its annual grant awards by more than 1,500 percent and its faculty members continue to publish groundbreaking work. The school offers a diverse range of research projects that provide care to people of all ages who are healthy and those who have medical conditions. The school also is proud of its strong and rapidly expanding focus in gerontological nursing.
The award-winning faculty of the Sinclair School of Nursing has been featured in thousands of medical journals and professional publications and developed innovative research in a variety of essential healthcare areas. Learn more about the faculty research completed at our school.
Students at the School of Nursing have opportunities to be part of outstanding research that affects the life and trajectory of nursing and medical care throughout the world. Learn more about student research and how they’re changing the world.
Undergraduate students may earn support for tuition and school expenses by participating in research mentorships.
Grants are the Nursing Office of Research’s top priority. We provide services to faculty and students who are submitting grant applications.
Grant services are available to Sinclair School of Nursing graduate students pursuing grants or fellowships in conjunction with faculty advisers. Services include:
Assistance in developing a research agenda and research career trajectory.
- Grant searches and grant opportunity lists based on research interest areas
- Grant guidelines and application forms from:
Grant Proposal Development
- Statistics and grant-developed consultants
- Examples of funded grants
- Assistance with grant budgets
- Completion of grant application forms, including MU’s grant data form
- Assistance in design, mailing, data entry and analysis of feasibility surveys for nurse training grants
Grant Proposal Review
- Review of draft research grant proposals for scientific merit
- Scheduling of mock reviews
- Editing services for major external grants
Other Research Services
- Research assistants and other support related to research projects
- Health Sciences Institutional Review Board (HSIRB) forms and assistance to complete them
- Liaison for contractual services (such as data entry) with other campus entities