Adjunct Associate Professor
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Nurse Faculty Scholar
S421 Sinclair School of Nursing
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211
Graduate Faculty Status – Yes
DNP Doctoral Faculty Status – Yes
PhD Doctoral Faculty Status – Yes
Program of Research
Intimate partner violence, violence prevention interventions, rural populations.
Selected Grants, Honors and Awards
- Danger Assessment Thailand: Assessing Risk for Reassault in Abusive Thai Relationships, U.S. Department of State Fulbright US Scholar Program, Bloom, T. (PI), 2020-2021
- Danger Assessment Thailand: Assessing Risk for Reassault in Abusive Thai Relationships, Sigma Theta Tau International Global Nursing Research, Bloom, T. (PI), 2019-2021
- Adapting and Testing the myPlan App to Prevent Dating Violence with Adolescents, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention R01, Bloom, T.(Co-I), 2018-2021
- Effectiveness of A Safety Decision App to Prevent/Respond to Dating Violence for College Women, NIH/ National Institute of Child Health and Development RO1, Bloom, T. (Co-I), 2014-2019
- Adapting myPlan for Ghanaian Women: A Feasibility Study, UM Research Council, Bloom, T. (PI), 2017-2018
- Risks and Protective Factors for Unintended Pregnancy in Women with Disabilities, NIH/National Institute of Child Health and Development, R21, Bloom, T. (Co-I), 2016-2018
- Excellence in Research Award, MU Nursing Alumni Association, 2020
- Faculty Award for International Excellence, University of Missouri International Center, 2019
- Provost’s Award for University Citizenship, University of Missouri, 2019
- Spirit of Martha Award, Griffiths Leadership Society for Women, MU Alumni Association, 2018
- Alumnae Anniversary Award, Chancellor’s Committee on the Status of Women & Women’s and Gender Studies, 2017
- Glass, N. E., Clough, A., Messing, J. T., Bloom, T., Brown, M. L., Eden, K. B., … & Perrin, N. A. (2021). Longitudinal impact of the myPlan app on health and safety among college women experiencing partner violence. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 0886260521991880.
- Öztürk, R., Bloom, T. L., Li, Y., & Bullock, L. F. (2021). Stress, stigma, violence experiences and social support of us infertile women. Journal of Reproductive and Infant Psychology, 39(2), 205-217.
- Emezue, C. N., Enriquez, M., Dougherty, D. S., Bullock, L. F., & Bloom, T. L.(2021). Rural young males’ acceptance & receptiveness to technology-based interventions for dating violence prevention: A qualitative descriptive study. Journal of Adolescence, 92, 137-151.
- Alhusen, J. L., Bloom, T., Laughon, K., Behan, L., & Hughes, R. B. (2021). Perceptions of barriers to effective family planning services among women with disabilities. Disability and Health Journal, 14(3), 101055.
- Li, Y., Dong, F., Bullock, L. F., & Bloom, T. (2021). Exploring help-seeking experiences of Chinese immigrant survivors of intimate partner violence in the US. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy. Advance online publication. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/tra0001120
- Öztürk, R., Herbell, K., Morton, J., & Bloom, T. (2021). “The worst time of my life”: Treatment‐related stress and unmet needs of women living with infertility. Journal of Community Psychology. https://doi.org/10.1002/jcop.22527
- Dannecker, E. A., Royse, L. A., Vilceanu, D., Warne-Griggs, M. D., Adib Keleh, S., Stucky, R., Bloom., T. L. & Mehr, D. R. (2021). Perspectives of patients with chronic pain about a pain science education video. Physiotherapy Theory and Practice, 1-12.
- Li, Y., Dong, F., Bullock, L. F., Liu, Y., & Bloom, T. (2021). ‘It never goes away’: Chinese immigrant women’s experiences of intimate partner violence. Psychology of Violence. Advance online publication. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/vio0000400
- Emezue, C. N., Williams, O. J., & Bloom, T. L. (2021). Culturally-differentiated batterer intervention programs for immigrant male batterers (IMB): an integrative review. Journal of Aggression, Maltreatment & Trauma, 30(7), 907-930.
- Jefferson, U. T., Bloom, T. L., & Lewis, K. R. (2021). Infant Feeding Exposure and Personal Experiences of African American Mothers. Breastfeeding Medicine, 16(2), 124-130.
- Udmuangpia, T., Shawong, P., Kammanat, Y., & Bloom, T. L. (2020). Perspectives of Thai Healthcare Providers and Nursing Students on the myPlan App for Abused Women. Pacific Rim International Journal of Nursing Research, 24(3), 389-402.
- Udmuangpia, T., Yu, M., Laughon, K., Saywat, T., & Bloom, T. L. (2020). Prevalence, risks, and health consequences of intimate partner violence during pregnancy among young women: A systematic review. Pacific Rim International Journal of Nursing Research, 24(3), 412-429.