Application Deadline – Sept. 30
Doctor of Nursing Practice admission Sept. 30, 2023 deadline for Spring 2024 Semester start.
The Sinclair School of Nursing is processing DNP applications through NursingCAS, the centralized application service for nursing. All recommendations, Kira interview and application materials need to be completed by DEADLINE.
Following is a checklist of items that are required to be uploaded for the application:
- Upload unofficial copies of all transcripts. If you are accepted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts. For MU alumni, visit the MU Registrar Office for instructions on how to obtain an unofficial academic record.
- Copies of current, unencumbered Registered Nurse license(s).
- Copies of all advanced practice nursing certification and/or credentialing/recognition documents for applicants with a master’s degree as applicable.
- Completion of the clinical hour verification form for applicants with clinical hours from previous MS and/or certificate programs.
- Curriculum Vitae using the official MU Sinclair School of Nursing template.
- Professional Recommendations: Submission of three (3) professional recommendations supporting the applicant’s potential success in the DNP program.
- References should be from master’s or doctorally prepared nurses or faculty members who can address the applicant’s potential or ability to function in the advanced practice nursing role
- Applicants currently enrolled in a nursing program must submit at least one (1) recommendation from a current faculty member in that program.
- Recommendations from family, friends, fellow staff nurses or minister will not be accepted.
- As part of the Nursing Consolidated Application System (NCAS), a written and recorded interview utilizing Kira Talent will be requested of the applicant. There is a minimal fee to complete the Kira Talent interview. The Kira Talent process consists of several written questions and recorded interview quest