Director, DNP Program
Assistant Teaching Professor
S346 Sinclair School of Nursing
University of Missouri
Columbia, Mo., 65211
Family Nurse Practitioner
Chronic disease prevention and management
- Nursing diploma, Lutheran Medical Center School of Nursing, St. Louis, Mo.
- BSN, University of Missouri-St. Louis, St. Louis, Mo.
- MSN University of Missouri-St. Louis, St. Louis, Mo.
- DNP University of Missouri-St. Louis, St. Louis, Mo.
Area of Doctoral Study
DNP Project: Drug Prevention Education in Third Graders using the NIDA Brain Power! Curriculum
Bio and Professional Experience
Miriam has been an RN since 1987. She has worked in a variety of roles, including staff nurse and nurse manager in medical-surgical, cardiothoracic and neurosurgery. Miriam has worked as a Family Nurse Practitioner since 1997, working in public health, GYN-oncology surgery — chemo certified, retail health, employee health, and clinic manager/director. She joined the Sinclair School of Nursing in 2014. In 2017 she worked with a local health department to establish a mobile clinic to provide health care to rural and underserved populations in the county. In 2019, she traveled as faculty with students to Cape Coast, Ghana.
- N7130 – Advanced Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapeutics
- N8920 – Quality, Safety, and Performance Outcomes
- N8930 – Health Program Design and Management
- N8940 – Nursing and Health Policy
- N9070 – DNP Clinical Residency
- N9080 – DNP Project
- N9087 – Leadership and Transformational Role
- Butler, Miriam (September 2019). Establishing a Mobile Clinic. 19th Annual Mobile Health Clinics Conference, Austin, TX.
- Butler, Miriam (September 2019). Chronic Disease Self monitoring to Improve Outcomes 19th Annual Mobile Health Clinics Conference, Austin TX. (poster)
- Butler, Miriam (March 2019). Fatigue. Advanced Assessment & Skills Workshop, Columbia, MO.
- Butler, Miriam (January 2019). Rural Health & Mobile Clinic; Great Day St. Louis KMOV, St. Louis, MO
- Butler, Miriam (August 2018). Mobile Clinic, Diabetes, and Hypertension Care; KJJF Radio, Festus, MO
- Butler, Miriam (May 2018). Chronic Disease and Mobile Wellness; Hillsboro Rotary, Hillsboro, MO.
- Butler, Miriam (March 15, 2018). Chronic Disease and Depression in Primary Care; 3rd Annual Advanced Practice Assessment and Skills Workshop, Columbia, MO.
- Butler, Miriam (July 2016). Employee Health and Wellness; St. Louis Business Health Coalition, St. Louis, MO
- Butler, Miriam (October 2012). Gain in Knowledge in Third Graders after Brain Power! Methamphetamine Action Coalition Methamphetamine Awareness Day, Kids First conference, Arnold, MO. (poster)
Honors and Awards
- Nominee Air Force Health Professions Tour, San Antonio, Texas
- Mary Reardon Castles Research Award
- Alumni Association Scholarship
- Coro Women in Leadership, Class 24
- Lutheran Medical Center School of Nursing Scholarship Award 1985, 1986, 1987
- National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty
- American Nurses Association
- Missouri Nurses Association
- St. Louis Nurses in Advanced Practice
- Sigma Theta Tau, Nu Chi Chapter past president
- Sigma Theta Tau Alpha Iota Chapter, MU, member
- CORO Women in Leadership