Director, DNP Program
Assistant Teaching Professor
S346 Sinclair School of Nursing
University of Missouri
Columbia, Mo., 65211
Family Nurse Practitioner
Chronic disease prevention and management
- Nursing diploma, Lutheran Medical Center School of Nursing, St. Louis, Mo.
- BSN, University of Missouri-St. Louis, St. Louis, Mo.
- MSN University of Missouri-St. Louis, St. Louis, Mo.
- DNP University of Missouri-St. Louis, St. Louis, Mo.
Area of Doctoral Study
DNP Project: Drug Prevention Education in Third Graders using the NIDA Brain Power! Curriculum
Bio and Professional Experience
Miriam has been an RN since 1987. She has worked in a variety of roles, including staff nurse and nurse manager in medical-surgical, cardiothoracic and neurosurgery. Miriam has worked as an FNP since 1997 in gyn-oncology surgery — chemo certified, clinic manager retail health, employee health, and public health. She joined the Sinclair School of Nursing in 2014.
- N7130 – Advanced Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapeutics
- N8920 – Quality, Safety, and Performance Outcomes
- N8930 – Health Program Design and Management
- N8940 – Nursing and Health Policy
- N9070 – DNP Clinical Residency
- N9080 – DNP Project
- N9087 – Leadership and Transformational Role
- “Gain in Knowledge in Third Graders after Brain Power!” Methamphetamine Action Coalition Kids First Conference.Arnold, MO, October, 2012. Poster presentation.
Honors and Awards
- Mary Reardon Castles Research Award
- Alumni Association Scholarship Award
- Past president, Sigma Theta Tau, Nu Chi chapter
- Coro Women in Leadership, Class 24
- Missouri Nurses Association