We recommend you submit your Nursing CAS application at least six weeks before the application deadline.
Jan. 31 – Application deadline to start in Summer/Fall semesters applies to the following programs: PNP, PCNS, AGCNS, LDR, CM, NE, FNP & PMHNP
Sept. 30 – Application deadline to start in the Spring semester applies to the following programs: PNP, PCNS, AGCNS, LDR, CM, NE, FNP & PMHNP
The Sinclair School of Nursing is processing MS applications through NursingCAS, the centralized application service for nursing. All recommendations, Kira interview and application materials need to be completed by DEADLINE.
Following is a checklist of items that are required to be uploaded for the application:
- Visit https://nursingcas.liaisoncas.org/apply/ to start an application or log into your existing account for MS NP degrees. If you need help with NursingCAS, visit the applicant help center or contact applicant support with questions.
- Upload unofficial copies of all transcripts, especially those documenting a baccalaureate or previous Master’s degree from a program accredited by a national organization responsible for accreditation (i.e. Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (CNEA) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)). The previous degree must be accredited by the regional accreditation: The Higher Learning Commission. If you are accepted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- Instruction for current and former MU students to request unofficial transcripts are available from the Graduate Studies office.
- Submission of a Curriculum vitae using the official Sinclair School of Nursing template.
- Professional Recommendations: Submission of two (2) professional recommendations supporting the applicant’s potential success in the MS(N) program.
- References should be from master’s or doctoral prepared nurses or faculty members who can address the applicant’s potential or ability to function in the advanced practice nursing role.
- Applicants currently enrolled in a nursing program must submit at least one (1) recommendation from a current faculty member in that program.
- Recommendations from family, friends, fellow staff nurses or minister will not be accepted.
- As part of the Nursing Consolidated Application System (NCAS), a written and recorded interview utilizing Kira Talent will be requested of the applicant. There is a minimal fee to complete the Kira Talent interview. The Kira Talent process consists of several written questions and recorded interview question(s).
- Satisfactory English language test score within the last 2 years (non-native English speaking applicants only).
- International students must submit a photocopy of a current RN license from their home country with their Masters application.
- International nurses must obtain a Missouri RN license prior to beginning coursework. In order to obtain a Missouri RN license, the applicant will need to pass the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS) exam and the NCLEX exam. Applicants are encouraged to take the CGFNS exam in their home country. For more information, contact the Missouri State Board of Nursing at: http://pr.mo.gov/nursing.asp or by telephone 573-751-0681.