For you to be admitted to the Sinclair School of Nursing’s online RN to BSN option, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
- The University of Missouri requires a 2.5 GPA of students transferring to Mizzou. Students opting for the graduate pathway must have a 3.0 GPA.
- We must receive an application to MU Admissions. Check requirements for admission as a transfer student. Applications are accepted year-round.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be on file with the Admissions Office. Transfer credits must be from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Applicant must have an unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse in the United States or provide evidence of eligibility sit to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) during the first semester of enrollment. (For dual enrollment students selected courses may be taken without RN licensure).
- Completion of General Education. Can be met with transfer courses.
- Completion of the following courses is recommended before starting RN-BSN courses. Can be met with transfer courses.
- General Psychology
- General Sociology
- Human Development/Lifespan Psychology
If you have transcripts to share for your RN-BSN application, send them to our academic advisors for an unofficial evaluation. There is no time limit imposed on transferable courses.
Due to higher education regulation changes, the University of Missouri is unable to accept applications for admission to online programs from students residing in several states.
Federal regulations require the Sinclair School of Nursing to disclose whether its degree programs meet U.S. states’ educational requirements for licensure [34 CFR 668.43 (a)(5)(v)]. Please visit the Missouri Online Licensure and Disclosures website to determine if your program of interest meets the educational requirements.
Current and potential students are encouraged to determine the requirements for any jurisdiction in which they intend to seek admission by contacting the state licensing board.