Interim Director, DNP Program
Assistant Teaching Professor
S346 Sinclair School of Nursing
University of Missouri
Columbia, Mo., 65211
Family Nurse Practitioner
Patient education and drug prevention education
- Nursing diploma, Lutheran Medical Center School of Nursing, St. Louis, Mo.
- BSN, University of Missouri-St. Louis, St. Louis, Mo.
- MSN University of Missouri-St. Louis, St. Louis, Mo.
- DNP University of Missouri-St. Louis, St. Louis, Mo.
Area of Doctoral Study
Drug prevention education
Bio and Professional Experience
Miriam has worked in the healtcare field for years. She has also held many positions. Some of those positions include public health family nurse practitioner, gyn oncology surgery, chemotherapy certification, primary care, convenient care, clinic manager, St. Louis University Hospital med-surg, cardiothoracic ICU, and assistant head nurse neurosurgery.
- Teaching Responsibilities
- N8920 – Quality, Safety, and Performance
- N9080 – DNP Project
- N9070 – DNP Clinical Residency
- “Gain in Knowledge in Third Graders after Brain Power!” Methamphetamine Action Coalition Kids First Conference.Arnold, MO, October, 2012. Poster presentation.
Honors and Awards
- Mary Reardon Castles Research Award
- Alumni Association Scholarship Award
- Past president, Sigma Theta Tau, Nu Chi chapter
- Coro Women in Leadership, Class 24
- Missouri Nurses Association