Assistant Teaching Professor
DNP Leadership and Innovations Area Coordinator
MS Leadership and Health-Systems Area Coordinator
S452 Sinclair School of Nursing
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211
Leadership, Public Health, Maternal-Child
- Doctor of Nursing Practice-Leadership, University of Kansas, Kansas City, KS
- Master of Science in Nursing-Advanced Public Health Nurse, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
- Master of Business Administration, William Woods University, Fulton, MO
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Lincoln University, Jefferson City, MO
Area of Doctoral Study
Evidence gained to explain the structure, process and outcomes of nursing alumni associations for the purpose of planning new alumni associations
Bio and Professional Experience
Stefanie Birk began her nursing career in 2002 working in pediatric and medical/surgical settings. She later spent several years working in public health roles in a variety of programs including communicable disease surveillance, tuberculosis control, women’s health and child maltreatment prevention. Stefanie began working in nursing education in 2008 teaching courses in an associate degree program. She worked on numerous faculty committees including a committee charged with designing and transitioning the existing nursing program to a baccalaureate nursing program. Birk joined the Sinclair School of Nursing in 2016 and enjoys working with the students and faculty.
- N3760 – Pediatric Nursing
- N4970 – Nursing in Communities
- N2100 – Communication Issues in Nursing
- Harris, R., Birk, S., Sherman, J. (2016). E-mentoring for Doctor of Nursing Practice students: A pilot program. Journal of Nursing Education, 55(8).
- Harris, R., Birk, S. (November 2014). E-mentoring for DNP leadership students (poster presentation). University of Missouri Nursing Outreach 18th Annual Midwest Regional Nurse Educators Conference.
- Birk, S. (April 2015). The planning of a new nurse alumni association: gaining best evidence (poster presentation). University of Missouri Nursing Outreach Evidence Based Practice on the Frontlines Conference
- Sigma Theta Tau
- Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, University of Kansas, invited to join October 2014