Assistant Teaching Professor
Coordinator, Clinical Nurse Specialist Program
Sinclair School of Nursing
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211
Teaching Emphasis Areas
- N3300 Pharmacology and Nursing Implications
- N8710 Clinical Management of Acute & Critical Care Problems
- N8720 Symptom Management in Acute and Chronic Illness
- N8920 Quality, Safety, and Performance Outcomes
- N9070 DNP Clinical Residency
Selected Grants, Honors and Awards
- Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) with Implementation of Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT), (2019)
- Organization: Community First Foundation
- Grant amount: $120,000
- Role: Consultant, Site Coordinator, and Subject Matter Expert
- Military Medic to BSN Initiative, (2017)
- Organization: MO Center for Nursing
- Grant amount: $100,000
- Role: Co-Chair, Consultant, and Subject Matter Expert
- Nursing Workforce Diversity, (2016)
- Organization: Health Resources and Services Administration-HRSA
- Grant amount: $350,000
- Role: Consultant, Transitional Care Coordinator, and Subject Matter Expert
- University Course Design: Introduction to Social Justice, (2013)
- Organization: University of Missouri- Kansas City
- Grant amount: $3,000
- Role: Project Director
- Medical Text Translation for Afghan National Army Medical Personnel, (2012)
- Organization: Armed Forces Academy of Medical Sciences
- Grant Amount: $50,000
- Role: PI, Site Coordinator, and Subject Matter Expert
- Zembles, S. (2019). Text reviewer for: Jones, J. & Fix, B. Critical care notes: Clinical pocket guide (3rd ed.). Philadelphia: FA Davis.
- Miller, L.C., Russell, C.L., Cheng, A-L., & Zembles, S.L. (2018). Testing the efficacy of a scaffolded writing intervention with online degree-completion nursing students: A quasi-experimental design, Nurse Education in Practice. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nepr.2018.06.011
- Zembles, S. (2018). Text reviewer for: Story, L., Pathophysiology: A Practical Approach, (4th). Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett.
- Zembles, S. (2017) Military Medic to BSN Partnership Program Brief. Missouri Center for Nursing website, https://www.mocenterfornursing.org/military-medic.aspx
- Zembles, S. (2015). Text reviewer for: Jones, J. & Fix, B. Critical care notes: Clinical pocket guide (2nd ed.). Philadelphia: FA Davis.
Selected Peer Reviewed Presentations
- Zembles, S. (2019). Collaborative Clinical Internship: Bridging the gap in BSN education and new employee onboarding. Podium presentation, Centura Health’s Annual Evidenced Based Practice, Research, and Innovation Conference: Stronger Together. Denver University, Denver, CO.
- Beyer, C. & Zembles, S. (2019). Reducing variability of emergency severity index levels in triage by using weekly real-life case studies. Poster presentation, Emergency Nurses Association National Conference. Austin, TX.
- Zembles, S. (2018). Chronic disease prevention: From sick care to health care. Panel presentation, GlobalMindED International Conference, Health Track. Denver, CO.
- Zembles, S. (2017). Increasing patient throughput: Outcomes of an emergency department observation unit. Podium presentation, Centura Health’s Annual Evidenced Based Practice, Research, and Innovation Conference: A Decade of Leading Excellence. Denver University, Denver, CO.
- Zembles, S. (2017). Foliotek electronic portfolio: Implementation in on-line BSN completion program. Podium presentation, University of Missouri- Faculty Center for Excellence in Teaching. Kansas City, MO.
- Zembles, S. (2013). Project Red: Reducing readmissions in the chronic disease population. Podium presentation, The CNS: Leading Innovations for Health Care Change Annual Conference, National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialist, San Antonio, TX.
- Zembles, S. & Crumley, C. (2012). Clinical Nurse Specialists’ impact on quality of care. Virtual poster presentation, ANCC Magnet Annual Conference, Los Angeles, CA.
- Zembles, S. (2011). Project Red: Development of a team approach to reducing readmissions. Podium presentation, Missouri Hospital Association, Kansas City, MO.
Clinical Practice Area
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Critical Care
Link to CV Here