S215 Sinclair School of Nursing
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211
Adult nursing, Oncology nursing
Symptom management in adults with cancer
- BSN, Creighton University, Omaha, Neb.
- MS(N), Creighton University, Omaha, Neb.
- PhD, The University of Texas at Austin
Area of Doctoral Study
- Fu. M.R., McDaniel, R.W. and Rhodes, V.A. (2007). Measuring Symptom Occurrence and Symptom Distress: Development of the Symptom Experience Index, Journal of Advanced Nursing, 69, 623-634.
- Tipton, J.M., McDaniel, R.W., Barbour, L., Johnston, M.P., Kayne, M., LeRoy, P. and Ripple, M.L. (2007). Putting evidence into practice: evidence-based interventions to prevent, manage, and treat chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting.Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing, 11, 69-78, 130-4.
- Aud, M., Bostick, J., Marek, K. and McDaniel, R.W. (2006). Introducing Baccalaureate Student Nurses to Gerontological Nursing: Increasing Knowledge and Positive Attitudes. Journal of Professional Nursing, 22, 73-78.
- Conn, V., Hafdahl, A., Porock, D., McDaniel, R. and Nielsen, P. (2006). A meta-analysis of exercise interventions among people treated for cancer. Supportive Care in Cancer, 14, 699-712.
- McDaniel, R.W. and Rhodes, V.A. (2004). Measuring nausea, vomiting, and retching. In M. Frank-Stromberg and S. J. Olsen (Eds.) (3rd ed.), Instruments for Clinical Research in Health Care, Norwalk, CT: Appleton and Lange, 583-593.
1010H — Career Explorations in Nursing
Presentations and Lectures
- Revelle, S., Oliver, G. and McDaniel, R. “Sevice learning with advanced practice nurses.” 2006 Master’s Education Conference, Wrestling with Complexity: The Future of Master’s Education. San Antonio, Texas, February 16, 2006.
- McDaniel, R., Aud, M. and Marek, K. “Continuous Quality Improvement: The Evolution of the Gerontological Nursing Care Course.” AACN 7th Annual Baccalaureate Education Conference, Miami, Fla., November 11, 2004.
- McDaniel, R. and Sapienza, P. “A Cooperative Partnership to Address the Nursing Shortage.” AACN 5th Annual Baccalaureate Education Conference, Orlando, Fla., November 15, 2002.
- Sigma Theta Tau, Alpha Iota Chapter
- Missouri Nurses Association
- Oncology Nurses Association