Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Associate Teaching Professor
430 Sinclair School of Nursing
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211
Graduate Faculty Status – Yes
DNP Doctoral Faculty Status – Yes
PhD Doctoral Faculty Status – No
Teaching Emphasis Area(s)
Maternal-Child, Systems Leadership
Selected Grants, Honors and Awards
- Nurse Faculty Loan Program — Health Resources and Services Administration, Harris, R. (PI), 2021-2022
- Online Care Management Program — Mizzou Online, Harris, R.(PI), 2018-2022
- Nurse Faculty Loan Program — Health Resources and Services Administration, Harris, R. (PI), 2020-2021
- Nursing Education Incentive Program — Missouri State Board of Nursing, Harris, R. (PI), 2019-2020
- Nurse Faculty Loan Program — Health Resources and Services Administration, Harris, R. (PI), 2018-2019
- Nurse Faculty Loan Program — Health Resources and Services Administration, Harris, R. (PI), 2017-2018
- Advanced Education Nursing Traineeship: Supporting the Preparation of Nurse Practitioners Funding Agency — Health Resources and Services Administration, Harris, R. (PI), 2016-2018
- Shared Governance Group Award to NTT Committee, MU Faculty Council on University Policy, 2017-2018
- Gold Chalk Award, MU Graduate Professional Council, University of Missouri, 2017
- Dalby, K., Harris, R., & Vogelsmeier, A. (2020). Nurse faculty workload characteristics: A state-level survey. Journal of Nursing Regulation, 11(2), 12-19. https://doi.org/10.1016/S2155-8256(20)30105-8
- Story, A. R., Harris, R., Scott, S. D., & Vogelsmeier, A. (2020). An evaluation of nurses’ perception and confidence after implementing a workplace aggression and violence prevention training program. JONA: The Journal of Nursing Administration, 50(4), 209-215. doi: 10.1097/NNA.0000000000000870
- Jeffrey, P, Harris, R., & Sherman, J. (2019). Quality improvement: A practical nursing program’s admission test. Nurse Education Today, 73: 65-70. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2018.11.016
- Harris, R. & Popejoy, L. (2019). Case management: An evolving role. Western Journal of Nursing Research, 41(1):3-5. https://doi.org/10.1177%2F0193945918797601
- Harris, R., Birk, S., Sherman, J. (2016). E-Mentoring for Doctor of Nursing Practice Students: A Pilot Program. Journal of Nursing Education, 55(8) 458-462. doi: 10.3928/01484834-20160715-07
- Harris, R. (November, 2020). COVID – 19 Impact & Response: From the Academic Education Perspective. 24th Annual Midwest Regional Nursing Educators Conference Practice and Academic Perspectives in Nursing Education: Managing Through COVID-19. Columbia, MO.
- Harris, R. (October, 2018). Strategies for Engaging Students in Online Learning. Missouri Community College Association (MCCA) Annual Convention, Branson, MO.
- Harris R. (March, 2018) Mindfullness and Single Tasking. Advanced Practice Assessment and Skills Workshop, Columbia MO.
- Harris, R. (April, 2017). Promoting inquisitive thinking. 10th Evidence-Based Practice on the Frontline: Building a Culture of Quality, Safety and Nursing Professionalism, Columbia, MO.
- Harris, R. (2017 January). E-Mentoring: An Innovative Approach to Support Distance Doctoral Nursing Students; AACN’s 2017 Doctoral Education Conference, Coronado, CA.