Nadia Chernookaya, ACCNS-AG, CCRN, CEN
Instructor of Clinical Nursing
Math Building Room 9
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211
- Emergency Medicine
- Medical Surgical Nursing
- Nursing Education
- Patient Safety and Performance Improvement in Nursing Care and Delivery
- Integrating Evidence Based Practice into Nursing
- Critical Care
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, 2010 University of Missouri
- Masters of Science in Nursing Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist, 2014 University of Missouri
Bio and Professional Experience
After graduating from the University of Missouri Sinclair School of Nursing in 2010, I began my nursing career on the Progressive Care Unit at University Hospital. I quickly transitioned to my area of passion, Emergency Nursing, in 2011. I served as a staff nurse in the Emergency Department until I graduated with my MSN as an Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist. I served as a nurse clinician and Trauma Performance Improvement and Patient Safety Coordinator from July 2014 to December 2015 before transitioning back to the Emergency Department as a staff nurse.
- N3670 Nursing of Adults I
- Interprofessional Education
Chernookaya, N. & Irwin, S. (2013, March). Reduce Wait Time between Triage & Transfer from ER to AU for Uncomplicated Ambulatory Adult Patients Presenting to ER with Psychiatric Chief Complaint. Presented at Achieving Competence Today at MU School of Medicine, Columbia, MO.
Chernookaya, N. (2014, September 26). Pre-Injury Anticoagulation in the Geriatric Trauma Patient. Presented at 2014 Fall Trauma Seminar at Lake Regional Hospital, Osage Beach, MO. Also presented at Central Missouri Chapter AACN on January 29, 2015.
Gross, E. A., Chernookaya, N., Irwin, S., & Davis, W. (2013). Rapid Emergency Department Medical Clearance Protocol for Psychiatric Patients. Annals of Emergency Medicine, 62(4), S118-S118.
- AACNS-AG: Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist
- CCRN: Critical Care Registered Nurse
- CEN: Certified Emergency Nurse