Instructor of Nursing
S448 Sinclair School of Nursing
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211
- Master of Science, Nursing – Public Health, University of Missouri, Columbia, Mo.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Saint Louis University
- Associates Degree, Nursing, St. Louis Community College
Bio and Professional Experience
Mary Fete has practiced as a registered nurse for more than 35 years in a variety of specialities and practice areas. She has managed inpatient and outpatient care in urban and rural areas, served as a patient advocate, taught and conducted research. Fete also has mentored new nurses, developed education programs and curriculum for nurses and provided education for professionals, patients and families. Fete views nursing as a both a science and an art dedicated to the health of clients and communities.
- Maxim, R.A., Zinner, S.H., Matsuo, H., Prosser, T.M., Fete, M., Leet, T.L., & Fete, T.J. (2012). Psychoeducational characteristics of children with hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia. Scientific World Journal, Epub: 2012:532371.
- Salinas, C., Jorgenson, R., Wright, J., DiGiovanna, J., & Fete, M. (2009). 2008 International Conference on Ectodermal Dysplasias Classification: Conference Report. Am J Med Genet A. 149A(9):1922-25.
- Fete, M., Siegfried, E., & Bree, A.. (2009). Conference Report: International Research Symposium on Ankylobelpharon-Ectodermal Defect-left Lip and/or Palate. American Journal of Medical Genetics A.149(9):1885-1993.
- Stanford, C., Guckes, A., Fete, M., Srun, S., & Richter, M. (2008). Satisfaction of dental implant treatment in patients with ectodermal dysplasia syndromes. JADA. 21(3):195-200.
- Siegfried, E., Bree, A., Fete, M., & Sybert, V.(2005). Conference Report: Skin Erosion and Wound Healing in Ankyloblepharon-Ectodermal Defect-Cleft Lip and/or Palate (AEC). Arch Dermatol,141:1591-1594.
- Fete, M. (2002, Feb.). God in control: Women’s perspective on managing HIV infection. (Commentary manuscript). Clinical Nursing Research.
- 2011 Conference Co-Chair, 2012 International Conference on Ectodermal Dysplasia Classification, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- 2011 Dermatology Topic Advisory Group member, World Health Organization International Classification of Diseases Revision Project, 3/2010-current
- 2011 Conference Coordinator Dental Symposium, St. Louis University School of Advanced Dental Education
- 2011 Conference Coordinator Grand Rounds, St. Louis University Department of Dermatology
- 2010 Conference Coordinator Dental Symposium, University of CO
- 2010 Conference Coordinator Grand Rounds, University of CO
- 2010 Conference Coordinator Dental Educational Symposium, The Ohio State University School of Dentistry
- 2009 Conference Coordinator Dental Educational Symposium, University of Virginia
- 2009 Conference Coordinator Grand Rounds,University of Virginia Department of Dermatology
- 2008 Conference Coordinator Dental Educational Symposium, University of Washington School of Dentistry
- 2008 Conference Coordinator Dental Educational Symposium, University of Iowa School of Dentistry
- 2008 Conference Coordinator Grand Rounds,University of Iowa School, Department of Dermatology
- 2008 Conference Co-Chair, 2008 International Conference on Ectodermal Dysplasia Classification, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- Missouri Council for Public Health Nurses
- American Nurses Association
- Missouri Nurses Association
- Association of Community Health Nursing Educators
- Dermatology Nurses’ Association
- Case Management Society of America