Interim Simulation Director –
Assistant Teaching Professor
Sinclair School of Nursing
University of Missouri
Columbia, Mo., 65211
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Interest Area(s)
- Acute and Chronic disease prevention and management
- Simulation-based learning
- BSN, College of St. Benedict, St. Joseph, MN.
- MSN, University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire, WI.
- DNP, University of Minnesota – Twin Cities, MN.
Area of Doctoral Study
DNP Project: Leading System Change through Interprofessional Collaboration with a Non-governmental Organization: A DNP Quality Improvement Project
Bio and Professional Experience
Patient-focused Family Nurse Practitioner with strong experience in family practice, urgent care, and sleep medicine settings. Possess a 16-year history of professional nursing practice focused in intensive/critical care for pediatric and adult patients, Nursing House supervisor, Med/Surg, Labor and Delivery, and Emergency care. Five-year history of teaching in higher education as a nursing instructor in Undergraduate BSN and DNP programs. Critical thinker with proven leadership skills and abilities in prioritization and delegation of tasks; skilled in use of electronic medical records (EMR). High-energy and effective communicator adept in collaboration with students/faculty and interacting with teams of nurses, doctors, patients, and their families to optimize patient outcomes.
- N7130 – Advanced Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapeutics
- N3370 – Health Assessment in Nursing
- Interim Simulation Director
- University of Missouri (MU) Doctoral Faculty 12/20/19 – 12/31/2024
- Previously taught:
- N3200 – Pathophysiology (SSON)
Published “Spotlight on prevention: Venous thromboembolism” in Nursing Made Incredibly Easy, Nov/Dec. 2010
- Minnesota Nurses Association
- Wisconsin Nurses Association
- Missouri Nurses Association
- American Nurses Association (ANA)
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- American Nursing Informatics Association