Phone:573.884.4574 or 573.882.0770
Biostatistics education, generalized estimating equations, hierarchical linear models, survey measurement design and analysis, public health, big data analysis
- BS, Mathematics, Nicholls State University, Thibodaux, LA
- MS, Applied Statistics, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- PhD, Biostatistics, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
Area of Doctoral Study
Diagnostics and model selection in generalized linear models and generalized estimating equations
Bio and Professional Experience
Dr. Deroche is a biostatistician with extensive knowledge in linking and managing large administrative health care data sets, generalized linear models, multi-level models, generalized estimating equations, measurement design and development, experimental design, clinical trials, and secondary data analysis. As a collaborative researcher, she has supported many faculty, fellows, post-docs, and students in a variety of disciplines, including nursing, public health, family medicine, medical sciences, informatics, cancer, epidemiology, psychology, and biology. She enjoys teaching and consulting with post-doctoral faculty, DNP, and PhD students as well as faculty in the Sinclair School of Nursing in their selected areas of health behavior change science and technology (specifically research design, analysis planning, data management, and statistical analysis). Her methodological research focuses on development of model selection and diagnostic tools in application to generalized linear models and generalized estimating equations.
- N7010 Biostatistical Foundations for Health Researchers
- N8020 Intermediate Biostatistics for Health Researchers
- N9020 Hierarchical Linear Models for Health Researchers
- N9080 DNP Residency Project (co-teach)
- Powell K, Deroche CB, Carnahan EJ, Alexander GL. Exploring Resident Care Information Technology Use and Nursing Home Quality. J Gerontol Nurs. 2020 Apr 1;46(4):15-20. doi: 10.3928/00989134-20200303-02.
- Powell K, Deroche CB, Alexander GL. Health Data Sharing in US Nursing Homes: A Mixed Methods Study. J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2020 Mar 27; pii: S1525-8610(20)30197-3. doi: 10.1016/j.jamda.2020.02.009. [Epub ahead of print]
- Alexander GL, Deroche CB, Powell K, Mosa ASM, Popejoy L, Koopman R. Forcasting content and stage in a nursing home information technology maturity instrument using a Delphi method. J Med Syst. 2020 Feb 5; 44(3):60. doi: 10.1007/s10916-020-1528-6.
- Anbari AB, Deroche CB, Armer JM. Body Mass Index (BMI) trends and quality of life (QOL) from breast cancer diagnosis through seven years’ survivorship. World J Clin Oncol. 2019 Dec 24; 10(12):382-390. doi: 10.5306/wjco.v10.i12.382.
- Gummi RR, Kukulka NA, Deroche CB, Govindrajan R. Factors associated with acuted exacerbations of myasthenia gravis. Muscle Nerve. 2019 Dec;60(6):693-699. doi: 10.1002/mus.26689. Epub 2019 Sep 10.
- Powell KR, Alexander GL, Madsen R,Deroche CB. A National Assessment of Access to Technology Among Nursing Home Residents: A Secondary analysis. JMIR Aging. 2019 Mar 5;2(1):e11449. doi: 10.2196/11449.
- Sherwin LB, Deroche CB, Krisanabud P, Matteson-Kome M, Bechtold M, Ruppar T. Adherence to short-course pharmacotherapy in adults with irritable bowel syndrome. West J Nurs Res. 2019 Aug 23:193945919872419. doi: 10.1177/0193945919872419. [Epub ahead of print].
- PManjunath Y, Upparahalli SV, Avella DM, Deroche CB, Kimchi ET, Staveley O’Carrll KF, Smith CJ, Li G, Kaifi JT. PD-L1 Expression with epithelial mesenchymal transition of circulating tumor cells is associated with poor survival in curatively resected non-smalll cell lung cancers. Cancers (Basel). 2019 Jun 11;11(6). pii: E806. doi: 10.3390/cancers11060806.
- Alexander GL, Madsen R, Deroche CB, Aoexander R, Miller E. Terenary Trends in Nursing Home Information Technology and Quality Measures in the U.S. J Appl Gerontol. 2019 Jul 17:733464819862928. doi: 10.1177/0733464819862928. [Epub ahead of print]
- Alexander GL, Georgiou A, Siette J, Madsen R, Livingston A, Westbrook J,Deroche CB. Exploring information technology (IT) sophistication in New South Wales residential aged care facilities. Aust Health Rev. 2019 Jun 28. doi: 10.1071/AH18260. [Epub ahead of print]
- McCrae CS, ChanWS, Curtis AF,Deroche CB, Munoz, M., Takamatsu, S., Muckerman, J., Takahashi, N., McCann, D., McGovney, K., Sahota, P., & Mazurek, M. O. Cognitive behavioral treatment of insomnia in school-aged children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Short report on preliminary findings. Autism Research.
- Alexander GL, Powell K, Deroche CB, Popejoy L, Mosa ASM, Koopman R, Petit L, Dougherty M. Building consensus toward a national nursing home information technology maturity model. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2019 Jun 1; 26(6):495-505. doi: 10.1093/jamia/ocz006.
- Despins LA, Kim JH, Deroche CB, Song X. Factors Influencing how intensive care unit nurses allocate their time. West J Nurs Res. 2019. Jan 11 doi: 10.1177/0193945918824070. [epub ahead of print]
- Sherwin LB, Ross D, Mattenson-Kome M, Bechtold M, Deroche CB, Wakefield B. Patient Perspectives on Short-Course Pharmacotherapy: Barriers and Facilitators to Medication Adherence. J Pat Exp. 2019. doi.org/10.1177/2374373519882230
- KR Powell, CB Deroche. Predictors and patterns of portal use in patients with multiple chronic conditions. Chronic Illness. 2018: doi: 10.1177/1742395318803663. [Epub ahead of print]
- ME Boyer, RJ Sherwood, CB Deroche, DL Duren. Early Maturity as the New Normal: A Century-long Study of Bone Age. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. [Epub ahead of print]. doi: 10.1097/CORR.0000000000000446.
- C Johans, W Smelser, CB Deroche, J Campbell, J Cummings. Assessment of Patient and Surgical Variables including Residency Training Level on Adverse Events after Urteroscopy fo Ureteral Stones: A Multivariate Analysis. Journal of Endourology.2018:32(2). doi: 10.1089/end.2017.0757.
- TD Haden, MC Prunty, AB Jones, CB Deroche, KS Murray, N Pokala. Comparative Perioperative Outcomes in Septuagenarians and Octogenarians Undergoing Radical Cystectomy for Bladder Cancer – Do Outcomes Differ?. European Urology Focus. [Epub ahead of print]. doi.org/10.1016/j.euf.2017.08.005.
- Rantz M, Phillips LJ, Galambos C, Lane K, Alexander GL, Despins L, Koopman RJ, Skubic M, Hicks L, Miller S, Craver A, Harris BH, Deroche CB. Randomized trial of intelligent sensor system for early illness alerts in senior housing. Journal of the American Medical Directors Association. 2017: 18(10), 860-870.
- Xu X, McDermott SW, Mann JR, Hardin JW, Deroche CB, Carroll, DD, Courtney-Long EA. A longitudinal assessment of adherence to breast and cervical cancer screening recommendations among women with and without intellectual disability. Preventive Medicine. 2017. 100: 167-172.
- Jerrell JM, McIntyre RS, Deroche CB. Pharmacotherapy effectiveness for clinical subgroups among children and adolescents with early onset schizophrenia. Epub ahead of print. Doi: 10.1002/hup.2585 (March 2017).
- Jerrell JM, McIntyre RS, Deroche CB. Diagnostic clusters associated with an early onset schizophrenia diagnosis among children and adolescents. Human Psychopharmacology. Epub ahead of print. Doi: 10.1002/hup.2589 (March 2017).
- Deroche CB, McDermott SW, Mann JR, Hardin JW. Colorectal cancer screening adherence in selected disabilities over 10 years. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. Epub ahead of print. 2016. doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2017.01.005.
- Phillips LJ, Deroche CB, Rantz M, Alexander GL, Skubic M, Despins L, Abbott C, Harris BH, Galambos C, Koopman RJ. Using embedded sensors in independent living to predict gait changes and falls. Western Journal of Nursing Research. 2016. doi.org/10.1177/0193945916662027
- Yeast C, Smelser W, Campbell J, Benham D, Deroche CB, Cummings J. Ureteroscopy for ureteral stones: a multivariate analysis of adverse events. The Journal of Urology. Apr. 2016: 195(4), e254. doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2016.02.692.
- Xu X, Mann JR, McDermott SW,Deroche CB, , Gustafason E, Hardin JW. Women with Visual Impairment and Insured by Medicaid or Medicare are Less Likely to Receive Recommended Screening for Breast and Cervical Cancers. Opthamalic Epidemiology. Epub ahead of print. 24(3):168-173. 2016.
- X Xu, JR Mann, JW Hardin, E Gustafson, S McDermott, CB Deroche. Adherence to US Preventive Services Task Force Recommendations for Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening for Women who have a spinal cord injury. Journal of Spinal Cord Medicine. Epub ahead of print. 40(1):76-84. 2016. doi.org/10.1080/10790268.2016.1153293.
- CB Deroche. Diagnostics and Model Selection for Generalized Linear Models and Generalized Estimating Equations. (Doctoral Dissertation). 2015.
- CB Deroche, S McDermott, MM Holland, JA Royer, JW Hardin, JR Mann, D Salzberg, O Ozturk, and L Ouyang. Development of a tool to describe overall health, social independence, and activity limitation of adolescents and young adults with disability. Research in Developmental Disabilities. 38, 288-300. doi:10.1016/j.ridd.2014.12.009.
- C Pan, CB Deroche, JR Mann, S McDermott, and J Hardin. Is pre-pregnancy obesity associated with Risk of cerebral palsy and epilepsy in children?. Journal of Child Neurology. 29(12) 196-201. doi: 10.1177/0883073813510971.
- JR Mann, CB Deroche, LB Spiryda, and S McDermott. Is pre-pregnancy weight a risk factor for intellectual disability?. Expert Review Obstetrics and Gynecology. 8(3) 197-199.
- CB Deroche, J Villa, and LA Escobar. Comparison of Statistical Methods to Quantify the Effect of Mite Parasitism on the Probability of Death in Honey Bee Colonies. Estadistica, 63(181) 95-112.
- HM Kubish, KP Falkenstein, CB Deroche, and DE Franke. Reproductive efficiency of captive Chinese and Indian origin rhesus macaque (Macaca mulatta) females. American Journal of Primatology, 74, 174-184.
- American Statistical Association
- Institute of Mathematical Statistics
- American Public Health Association
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society