Assistant Teaching Professor
S343 Sinclair School of Nursing
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211
Psychiatry, Mental Health
Pediatric and Adolescent Psychiatry, Family Mental Health Care
- BSW, Missouri State University, Springfield, MO
- MSW, Washington University, St. Louis, MO.
- MSN, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL
- DNP, University of Missouri, Columbia, Mo.
Area of Doctoral Study
Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Program of Research
Becky’s DNP Residency Project was entitled Improving the Assessment and Treatment of Mental Illness During Pregnancy: A Quality Improvement Project
Bio and Professional Experience
Becky started her career in mental health as a licensed clinical social worker in 2005. Becky worked with children and families with mental illness for over 15 years observing the impact that lack of access to mental health care can have on children and their family system. Becky obtained her MSN in 2017 and began working as a psychiatric RN while concurrently earning her DNP. Becky has extensive experience in various roles, case manager, program supervisor, therapist, staff RN, and advanced practice nurse. Becky currently works as a psychiatric nurse practitioner in an outpatient practice serving patients across the lifetime but with emphasis on pediatric and adolescent patients. Becky holds certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Clinical Nurse Practitioner.
- N3470 – Mental Health Nursing
- N8680 – Pediatric Mental Health Assessment and Treatment
Honors and Awards
- University of Missouri, Sinclair School of Nursing, DNP Student Scholarly Achievement Award, May 2020
- Sinclair School of Nursing Graduate Faculty for the General Federation of Women’s Clubs Scholarship, August 2020