For the application, you will need:
- Your name and contact information
- Citizenship, residency and visa information (if applicable)
- Names and locations of previous colleges and high schools and dates you attended.
In addition, please send the following information to Enola White
- Copy of your current licensure (visit Nursys; click on “Quick Confirm License Verification” to obtain a copy of your license)
- Personal statement: 1-2 pages explaining why you want to pursue your degree in nursing education, why you believe yourself to be a strong RN-MS(N) candidate and why you chose the SSON.
You will also need to contact all your previous colleges or universities to request they send your official transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
University of Missouri-Columbia
230 Jesse Hall
Columbia, MO 65211
- Associate’s degree or diploma from a regionally accredited nursing program
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in your associate’s nursing program
- An unencumbered license as a registered nurse in the United States or provide eligibility to sit for the NCLEX exam during the first semester of enrollment.
- For those whose native language is not English, a TOELF score of at least 80 or an IELTS score of at least 6.5
- Successful completion of MU general education prior to BSN degree conferral
- ESC PS 4170 Introduction to Applied Statistics must be completed prior to taking N4950 Nursing Theory and Research
- A personal interview upon request
Due to higher education regulation changes, the University of Missouri is unable to accept applications for admission to online programs from students residing in several states (highlighted below). See the State Authorization for Distance Education page at Mizzou Online to learn more.