You’ll complete your clinical experience in the RN to BSN option during the community health course – without the need to travel. Enjoy the ability to work with expert preceptors near your home. Your clinical experience is a 45 hour clinical in a public health setting. Students have a variety of opportunities for the clinical such as working with a county health agency, serving as a summer camp nurse, taking an international trip to Costa Rica and many other opportunities.
Essential information about clinical experiences and policies related to clinical experiences can be found in the Undergraduate Student Handbook. All BSN students should carefully review this information.
- Background checks
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Clinical agency agreements
- Clinical site requirements
- Code of conduct training
- Dress code
- Drug screening
- Essig Clinical Simulation Learning Center
- Policy and guidelines for addressing Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) infection
- Preceptor Policy
- Professional behaviors for clinical evaluations
- Safe clinical nursing practice and research policy
- Student health and immunizations