For you to be admitted to the Sinclair School of Nursing’s online RN to BSN option, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
- The University of Missouri requires a 2.5 GPA of students transferring to Mizzou. Students opting for the graduate pathway must have a 3.0 GPA.
- We must receive an application to MU Admissions. Check requirements for admission as a transfer student. Applications are accepted year-round.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be on file with the Admissions Office. Transfer credits must be from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Applicant must have an unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse in the United States or provide evidence of eligibility sit to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) during the first semester of enrollment. (For dual enrollment students selected courses may be taken without RN licensure).
- Completion of General Education. Can be met with transfer courses.
- Completion of the following courses is recommended before starting RN-BSN courses. Can be met with transfer courses.
- General Psychology
- General Sociology
- Human Development/Lifespan Psychology
If you have transcripts to share for your RN-BSN application, send them to our academic advisors for an unofficial evaluation. There is no time limit imposed on transferable courses.
To ask questions about transfer credits or reach one of our academic advisors, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to higher education regulation changes, the University of Missouri is unable to accept applications for admission to online programs from students residing in several states. For more information, visit our state authorization for distance education.
Apply via Mizzou Admissions
If you’re ready to take the next step in your professional nursing career, apply online at Missouri admissions to get started.
If you have questions about the admissions process, please e-mail us at email@example.com for information.