Required On-Campus Days for PhD Students
To enhance connectedness and foster interaction across all PhD Student cohorts, postdoctoral fellows, and PhD faculty, we are hosting a Virtual Fall Reflections and Interactions Day on Wednesday, September 22, 2021.
- PhD students are not required to physically come to the MU campus for the September 22, 2021 event; all activities will be Virtual.
- Zoom links and a schedule of events will be sent out closer to the event.
- A portion of the day will be spent with PhD student, postdoctoral fellow, and faculty discussions of a summer “one read” book related to inclusion, diversity, and equity.
- The remaining portion of the day will be PhD student and postdoctoral fellow progression and professional development sessions.
- We have two books for discussion; students and faculty need to read one of the selected books below:
- White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to talk About Racism by Robin D’Angelo.
- The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness by Michelle Alexander
- Both books are available at amazon.com
Future Required On-Campus Dates for PhD Students
N7087 Leadership and Technology Institute On-Campus Immersion Schedule for Newly Admitted PhD Students
|See N7087 class times in myZou (Virtual only)||June 6 – 10th||June 5 – 9th|
April Annual On-Campus Immersion Schedule for Continuing PhD Students
|April 19th-22nd||April 18th-21st||April 17th-20th|