Applications for the MS in Care Management program are accepted on a rolling basis. Start your application today.
The online care management program educates health care professionals to improve health outcomes, enhance care quality, and reduce health care costs. Graduates will be prepared to provide care management to diverse populations in a variety of settings.
This program accepts rolling admissions, so you can apply at any time. We recommend you submit your application at least six weeks before the beginning of the term in which you wish to start your course work.
Start classes in
To be considered for admission to the Sinclair School of Nursing’s Master’s of Science Care Management degree program, students must meet the following requirements:
- Health-related baccalaureate degree from an accredited university.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 for the last 60 credit hours of the baccalaureate program.
- Evidence of any unencumbered current licensure in a health-related occupation (if applicable).
Due to higher education regulation changes, the University of Missouri is unable to accept applications for admission to online programs from students residing in several states. See the State Authorization for Distance Education page at Mizzou Online to learn more.
Satisfactory TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, or Cambridge C1 Advanced scores within the last 2 years (non-native English speaking applicants only).
How to Apply
To apply to our MS Care Management program, submit all materials electronically, as part of your online application.
Following is a checklist of all the required materials and instructions for your application.
- Visit https://nursingcas.liaisoncas.org/apply/ to start an application. If you need help with NursingCAS, visit the applicant help center or contact applicant support with questions.
- Submit your Graduate Studies Application Fee. As you apply using the MU Graduate Studies Application, you will be asked to upload the following documents to your online application:
- Upload unofficial copies of all transcripts, especially those documenting a health-related baccalaureate or master’s degree from a college/university that is regionally accredited. Instructions for current and former MU students to request unofficial transcripts are available here: http://registrar.missouri.edu/transcripts-records/unofficial-transcripts.php
- A personal statement of your academic and professional goals and how this program will help you achieve them. Your personal statement should be one page, typed, single-spaced, and uploaded to the Statement of Purpose section of the online application. In your personal statement, please include:
- a summary of your health related, clinical, or community background experiences
- a description of any work-related projects and/or professional committee involvement
- a description of your population and setting of interest in care management (if known)
- the type of position you intend to pursue after graduation
- long-term career goals
- Submission of evidence of any current unencumbered health related licensure and/or certifications: Upload evidence of any current unencumbered health related or nursing Registered Nurse license(s) or certification(s). For Registered Nurses, copies of license verification can be obtained from https://www.nursys.com/. (Upload to the Supplemental Materials section of the online application.)
- Submission of a curriculum vitae or resume: Upload the most current version of your curriculum vitae or resume. If submitting a curriculum vitae, use the official MU Sinclair School of Nursing format documenting educational preparation, work experience, leadership and professional organization activities, and scholarly endeavors such as publications, presentations, research, honors and awards. (Upload to the Resume/Vita section of the online application.)
- Interview upon request.
- Documentation of English-Language Proficiency: Satisfactory TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, or Cambridge C1 Advanced scores within last 2 years (non-native English speaking applicants only).