Applications for the MS in Care Management program are accepted on a rolling basis. Start your application today.
The online care management program educates health care professionals to improve health outcomes, enhance care quality, and reduce health care costs. Graduates will be prepared to provide care management to diverse populations in a variety of settings.
We recommend you submit your application at least six weeks before the deadline.
Start classes in
June (Care Management- Summer start only)
February 15 (September 15 is early deadline for next year start.)
To be considered for admission to the Sinclair School of Nursing’s Master’s of Science Care Management degree program, students must meet the following requirements:
- Health-related baccalaureate degree from an accredited university. One of two programs that doesn’t require a nursing degree. Doctor of Philosopy is our other program.
- Have earned a U.S. bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution. If your degree is from a U.S. college or school, the institution must be approved by one of the following U.S. Regional Accrediting Bodies:
If your degree is from a college or university outside of the United States, the institution must be recognized and approved by the Ministry of Education or Commission responsible for higher education in the country where the degree is earned. The degree must be equivalent to a four year U.S. bachelor’s degree, or higher degree. Contact email@example.com with questions regarding degree equivalency.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 for the last 60 credit hours of the baccalaureate program.
- Evidence of any unencumbered current licensure in a health-related occupation (if applicable).
Due to higher education regulation changes, the University of Missouri is unable to accept applications for admission to online programs from students residing in several states. See the State Authorization for Distance Education page at Mizzou Online to learn more.
Satisfactory TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, or Cambridge C1 Advanced scores within the last 2 years (non-native English speaking applicants only).
How to Apply
To apply to our MS Care Management program, submit all materials electronically, as part of your online application. All recommendations, Kira interview and application materials need to be completed by DEADLINE.
Following is a checklist of all the required materials and instructions for your application.
- Visit https://nursingcas.liaisoncas.org/apply/ to start an application. If you need help with NursingCAS, visit the applicant help center or contact applicant support with questions.
- Submit your Graduate Studies Application Fee. As you apply using the MU Graduate Studies Application, you will be asked to upload the following documents to your online application:
- Upload unofficial copies of all transcripts, especially those documenting a health-related baccalaureate or master’s degree from a college/university that is regionally accredited. Instructions for current and former MU students to request unofficial transcripts are available here: http://registrar.missouri.edu/transcripts-records/unofficial-transcripts.php
- As part of the Nursing Consolidated Application System (NCAS), a written and recorded interview utilizing Kira Talent will be requested of the applicant. There is a minimal fee to complete the Kira Talent interview. The Kira Talent process consists of several written questions and recorded interview question(s).
- Submission of evidence of any current unencumbered health related licensure and/or certifications: Upload evidence of any current unencumbered health related or nursing Registered Nurse license(s) or certification(s). For Registered Nurses, copies of license verification can be obtained from https://www.nursys.com/. (Upload to the Supplemental Materials section of the online application.)
- Submission of a curriculum vitae or resume: Upload the most current version of your curriculum vitae or resume. If submitting a curriculum vitae, use the official MU Sinclair School of Nursing format documenting educational preparation, work experience, leadership and professional organization activities, and scholarly endeavors such as publications, presentations, research, honors and awards. (Upload to the Resume/Vita section of the online application.)
- Documentation of English-Language Proficiency: Satisfactory TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, or Cambridge C1 Advanced scores within last 2 years (non-native English speaking applicants only).
Please Note Upon Admission
The Graduate Studies Application Fee and your MU Sinclair School of Nursing Application Fee is required for all new DNP applicants, both U.S. citizens and permanent residents. The application fee is nonrefundable; it is not applicable to the educational fee, student activities fee, computing fee or student health fee; and it is valid for one academic year (three semesters).
Once you have completed your online application, the fee must be submitted online before your application can be processed.
Questions? Contact Us
For questions about the MS programs or applying to the MS programs, call the Office of Student Affairs at MU School of Nursing at 573.882.0277 or 800.437.4339, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.