All clinical experiences in the MS program are under the supervision of an approved clinical preceptor. The preceptor policy can be found in the link to the right while additional program-specific preceptor qualifications and student-preceptor-faculty relationship guidelines can be found in the MS/DNP Graduate Handbook.
Clinical Experience Steps
- Review the MS/DNP Preceptor Policy above
- Review the MS/DNP Courses with Practica Requirements
- Students are responsible for acquiring their own preceptors. Once a preceptor is identified, a Preceptor application and clinical agency contract must be completed. Preceptors are responsible for reviewing the Graduate Clinical Preceptor Guide (included in the application).
- Review the list of clinical agencies (to determine if a written contract is already in place).
- If no agency contract is in place have your preceptor submit the Preceptor Application and Agency Contract — https://missouri.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3NVd3hxkOv0vqeN (Fall 2018 – Fall 2019) — at least 12 weeks prior to your clinical experience.
- Once the Preceptor Application and Agency Contract are received both the preceptor and clinical site must be approved by the course faculty prior to beginning ANY clinical experience.
For questions regarding preceptor applications and agency contracts contact: Sherry Cass at 573.882.2416.