The Master of Science Care Management degree program prepares students with post-baccalaureate or post-graduate degrees for a career in care management through the exposure of a variety of different settings and diverse populations. Graduates of the MS Care Management program will provide care management to patients of all ages using interdisciplinary and collaborative approaches.
Key components of this program include:
- Facilitating the delivery of health care to individuals and families
- Engaging individuals and families in care plan design
- Participating in high quality, high value, and cost-effective care
- The MS Care Management degree is offered with the MU Office of Graduate Studies.
The MS Care Management program is 100% online with no on-campus work required. Students may enroll in part-time or full-time in the program to meet their individual needs. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
MS Care Management Program Outcomes
Through the MS Care Management program, you will:
- Communicate, collaborate, and engage with individuals, families, health care professionals, and health care systems to help facilitate high quality and care in all settings
- Critique, assimilate, and evaluate research, technology, costs, and data in order to promote health, improve health care coordination, and influence change at the system and policy level
- Advocate through leadership and policy for all those in need of health care, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or socioeconomic class.
- Practice professional accountability and behavior consistent with the Code of Professional Conduct for Case Managers
The MS Care Management is curriculum is interdisciplinary and focuses on collaboration with other divisions including Health Management, Informatics, and Social Work. The curriculum is flexible to tailor to your areas of interest and practice. You will become well-informed in health informatics, research, policy, quality, and safety. This course will explore the foundations of care management, interprofessional practice, and evidence-based care management practice.
As a student of the MS Care Management program, you have the opportunity for employment at a variety of different settings including acute, primary, and tertiary care settings, community-based care settings or organizations, private practices, and for-profit and non-profit agencies.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Amber Vroman at email@example.com .