A holistic review process is utilized for admission, however, students interested in the Graduate Certificate program should meet the following admission criteria:
- Advanced practice nursing certification and/or credentialing. (Advance Leadership Certification do not qualify for our Graduate Certificate APRN degrees.)
- APRN Master degree nursing from a program accredited by a national organization responsible for nursing accreditation (i.e. Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (CNEA) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Have earned a U.S. APRN Nursing master’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution. If your degree is from a U.S. college or school, the institution must be approved by one of the following U.S. Regional Accrediting Bodies:
If your degree is from a college or university outside of the United States, the institution must be recognized and approved by the Ministry of Education or Commission responsible for higher education in the country where the degree is earned. The degree must be equivalent to a four year U.S. bachelor’s degree, or higher degree. Contact email@example.com with questions regarding degree equivalency.
Distance GC Students
Due to higher education regulation changes, the University of Missouri is unable to accept applications for admission to online programs from students residing in several states. Please see our website for details.
Start classes in
Fall start only for Graduate Certificate Students
Following is a checklist of items that are required for application. All recommendations, Kira interview and application materials need to be completed by DEADLINE.
- Visit https://nursingcas.liaisoncas.org/apply/ to start an application or log into your existing account for MS NP degrees. If you need help with NursingCAS, visit the applicant help center or contact applicant support with questions:
- Unofficial copies of all transcripts. For MU alumni click here for instructions on: How to Obtain an unofficial Academic Record.
- Copies of current unencumbered Registered Nurse license(s).
- Curriculum vitae using the official MU Sinclair School of Nursing template.
- Copies of all advanced practice nursing certification and/or credentialing/recognition documents for applicants with a master’s degree as applicable.
- Professional Recommendations: Submission of two (2) professional recommendations supporting the applicant’s potential success in the Graduate Certificate program. See the References section for details.
- As part of the Nursing Consolidated Application System (NCAS), a written and recorded interview utilizing Kira Talent will be requested of the applicant. There is a minimal fee to complete the Kira Talent interview. The Kira Talent process consists of several written questions and recorded interview question(s).
Documentation of English-Language Proficiency is required for Non-native English speaking applicants. Applicants must submit documentation of English-language proficiency, demonstrated through a satisfactory proficiency score within the last two years. Please upload your results to the Tests Score section.
For questions about our programs or applying to our programs, call the Office of Student Support Services at MU School of Nursing at 573.882.0277or 800.437.4339, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.