Participatory Health Research
The graduate certificate in participatory health research helps professions in health care, public health and social work understand community-based, patient-centered and clinical effectiveness research methods. If you want to identify best practices in prevention, treatment and the monitoring of clinical conditions and health delivery systems, this certificate is for you.
Participatory Health Research actively engages patients/consumers, caregivers, stakeholders, and/or health systems in the research process. You will learn the rationale, challenges and motivations for conducting this type of research and graduate with the tools to conduct research in partnership with a community or health system. Participatory Health Research methods are ideal for addressing patient-centered questions related to informed choices, health outcomes, and quality of life. This certificate is open to all health-related professions.
About the Program
- 100% online: no campus visits required
- Can enroll part-time or full-time, as a stand-alone program or in conjunction with another graduate degree
- You will directly apply the knowledge and skills learned in the classroom during a mentored research practicum experience
- You can apply earn credit toward completion of the program by participating in global research initiatives.
- Gain skills in participatory inquiry and application
- Expand your professional expertise
- Enhance your career advancement potential
- Develop partnerships with communities and populations
- Enlarge you professional network