May 29, 2015
About 250 people came to support the accomplishments of Sinclair School of Nursing students, faculty, staff and alumni. The 25th Annual Nursing Banquet and Awards Ceremony was one of the best yet. The room was constantly filled with standing ovations, tears and laughter throughout the event.
However, the message of the night came from MU Chancellor R. Bowen Loftin.
“I’ve got a chance to know people who are part of the organization, who are products of the organization, who are currently in the organization, students and that’s the real measure,” Loftin said. “The quality of people you have and have had at the Sinclair School of Nursing, is really an extraordinary collection of people.”
That was never more apparent than the outstanding individuals who won awards. Each demonstrated high academic standards, outstanding clinical skills, caring qualities as well as strong leadership. Each winner has proven they are the epitome of who walks through the halls at the school on a daily basis. The school looks forward to developing more outstanding individuals to make changes and become the future of healthcare.
Student award winners:
- RN-BSN: Joseph Johnson
- Accelerated BSN: Alberto Baltazar
- Seventh Semester: Marina Steinhauer
- Eighth Semester: Elly Barton
- MS(N): Abbie Bredeman
- PhD: Pam Ostby
- DNP: Nancy Birtley
Faculty and staff award winners:
- Staff: Donna Connot
- Faculty Teaching: Gina Oliver
- Betty Crim: Lea Wood
Alumni award winners:
- Alumna of the Year: Yaowarat Matchim
- Alumni Achievement: Ausanee Wanchai
- Honorary Alumni: Cheryl Bausler
- Citation of Merit: Winnie Fritz
- Humanitarian: Jan Beckett
- Distinguished Friends of the School: Priscilla and Oz Koeplin