May 16, 2014
Columbia, Mo. — The University of Missouri Sinclair School of Nursing (MU SSON) celebrated commencement exercises Friday, May 16, 2014. The school awarded a total of 191 degrees at Jesse Auditorium inside Jessie Hall on the University of Missouri campus,
There were 136 BSN, 45 Accelerated BSN, 38 RN-BSN, 32 MSN, 18 DNP and 5 PhD graduates. Of the undergraduates, 24 graduated with honors: 10 cum laude, 3 magna cum laude and 11 summa cum laude; 88 were on the dean’s list.
Dean Judith Fitzgerald Miller presided over the ceremony and gave the main address. Student addresses were given by Jacob Wren, BSN candidate; Cassie Gallemore, accelerated BSN candidate; and jo-Ana Chase, PhD candidate. Each graduate also received a rose from the Nursing Alumni Organization.
Special faculty and student awards were given during the ceremony:
- Nursing Student Council Outstanding Clinical Teaching Faculty Award
- Hillary Claunch
- Nursing Student Council Outstanding Classroom Teaching Faculty Award
- Pam Evans-Smith
- Nursing Student Council Outstanding Student Award
- Lauren Bachman and Amanda Yung
- Janet ‘Joy’ Thompson Undergraduate Student Award
- Sam Urkov
- Geriatric Excellence Undergraduate Student Award
- Lauren Bachman
MU Sinclair School of Nursing graduation pictures are available on the school’s Flickr page.
The Sigma Theta Tau Alpha Iota chapter inducted new members prior to the graduation ceremony May 16. Pictures from the Sigma Theta Tau induction pictures are available on the school’s Flickr page.