Nursing Office of Research
Grants are the Office of Research’s top priority. We provide the following services to faculty and students who are submitting grant applications. Grant services are available to Sinclair School of Nursing graduate students pursuing grants or fellowships in conjunction with faculty advisers.
- Assistance in developing a research agenda and research career trajectory.
- Grant searches and grant opportunity lists based on research interest areas;
- Grant guidelines and application forms from National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR), MU Research Council, MU Research Board, private foundations and others; and
- Examples of funded grants.
Grant proposal development
- Statistics and grant-development consultants;
- Assistance with grant budgets;
- Completion of grant application forms, including MU’s grant data form;
- Assistance in design, mailing, data entry and analysis of feasibility surveys for nurse training grants.
Grant proposal review
- Review of draft research grant proposals for scientific merit;
- Scheduling for mock reviews; and
- Editing services for major external grants.
Other research services
- Research assistants and other assistance related to research projects;
- Information on calls for abstracts and upcoming conferences;
- Bulletin board with information about grant opportunities, conferences and calls for abstracts;
- Health Sciences Institutional Review Board (HSIRB) forms and assistance to complete them; and
- Liaison for contractual services (such as data entry) with other campus entities.