Assistant Teaching Professor
Alberty Richardson Faculty Scholar in Medical/Surgical Nursing
S408 Sinclair School of Nursing
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211
Pain management in the ICU patient
- ADN, Moberly Area Community College, Moberly, Mo.
- BSN, Central Methodist College, Fayette, Mo.
- MS(N), University of Missouri, Columbia, Mo.
- PhD, University of Missouri, Columbia, Mo.
Area of Doctoral Study
Human animal interaction with children who are obese
Bio and Professional Experience
From 1991 to 2000, I was a staff nurse at the University Hospital and Clinics. During this time I worked in the Adult ICUs, Cardiac Cath Lab and Pediatric ICU. I graduated from Mizzou in 2001 with an emphasis in Family Nurse Practitioner and began teaching at the University the same year. I continue to work at the University Hospital in the Surgical ICU.
- N3100/3300 — Pharmacology for Nursing
- N4870 — Nursing of Adults II
Honors and Awards
- Alberty Richardson Faculty Scholar in Medical/Surgical Nursing
- Outstanding Classroom Instructor
- Betty Crim Award
- Excellence in Education
Sigma Theta Tau Alpha Iota Chapter