Director of Simulation & Assistant Teaching Professor
S311 Sinclair School of Nursing
University of Missouri
Columbia, Mo. 65211
Family Practitioner, Women’s Health
Simulation, Intimate Partner Violence, Interactive Education, and Interprofessional Collaboration
- BSN, University of Missouri, Columbia, Mo.
- MS(N), University of Missouri, Columbia, Mo.
- DNP, University of Missouri, Columbia Mo.
Area of Doctoral Study
Simulation as a Training Tool for Intimate Partner Violence ScreeningsBio/professional experience
Bio and Professional Experience
Dr. Lea Wood is the director of the MUSSON Simulation Center. She has health-care experience in the fields of womens’ health, neonatal, bariatric, trauma, medical/surgical nursing, and primary care. She specializes in the application of smart technology in the health care industry, integration of simulation into the curriculum, and innovative instructional modalities for health care providers.
- N3170 – Nursing Skills, Technologies, & Simulation
- N3270 – Foundations of Nursing
Russell, D., Gentzler, S. & Wood, L. (2014). Mobile Learning in Nursing Education: Lessons Learned. In Kinshuk, K (Eds.), New Developments in Technology Enhanced Learning: Concept, Research and Best Practices. New York. NY.: Springer Publishing
- Wood, L. (June 2014) Creating a Successful Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) Training Program using Simulation.10thAnnual Women’s Health Update. Columbia, MO
- Wood, L. (October 2013) Not in Kansas Anymore- An Innovative Approach to Traditional Evaluation Methods. 40th Annual PNEG Conference. Kansas City, MO.
- Wood, L. (October 2013) Horse of a Different Color – Incorporating Smart Technology and Social Media into the Curriculum. 40th Annual PNEG Conference. Kansas City, MO.
- Wood, L. (May 2013) Integrating IPV Screenings into the Nursing Curriculum using Simulation. The Nursing Network on Violence Against Women International (NNVAWI) Conference. Vancouver British Columbia
- Wood, L; Russell, D. (May 2013) iPads in Action. Celebration in Teaching Conference. Columbia, MO
- Wood, L; Oliver, G (April 2013) Pop Fly: Smart Technology in the Class and Clinical Setting.Missouri League for Nursing’s 60th Annual Convention. St. Louis, MO
- Wood, L. (September 2012) Integrating Smart Technology into Nursing Education. Is there a place for smart technology and social media in the clinical setting? Sigma Theta Tau International Leadership Forum. Indianapolis, IA
- Wood, L. (July 2011) How to Use a Smart Device for Clinical and Coursework. Doctorate of Nursing Practice Introductory Session. Columbia, MO
- Russell, D; Wood, L. (November 2011) Is There a Place for Social Media in the Classroom and Clinical Setting? Nursing Educators Conference. Columbia, MO
- Sigma Theta Tau- Alpha Iota Chapter
- Missouri Coalition of Nurse Practitioners