Instructor of Nursing
S449 Sinclair School of Nursing
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211
Critical care nursing
Public/Community health, Neurological intensive care nursing, Medical mission trips
- BSN, University of Missouri Sinclair School of Nursing, Columbia Missouri
- MSN in Public Health Nursing, University of Missouri Sinclair School of Nursing, Columbia Missouri
- Trauma Nurse Core Course certification (TNCC)
- National Institute of Health Stroke Scale certification (NIHSS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications
- N3670 Nursing of Adults I Clinical
- N4970 Community Health
Bio and Professional Experience
For five years prior to becoming a Med/Surg clinical instructor in January 2011, Heidi worked in the Medical/Neurological Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at the University of Missouri Hospital. She now works PRN in the Burn Intensive Care Unit (BICU) and floats to other areas of the hospital as patient needs require. In addition, Heidi works for a nursing agency, PRN, at Boone Hospital and has worked in the ICU, recovery unit and various patient floors.
- Monroe, H., Homan, S., & Gaddy, P. (2010). Childhood asthma: A public health problem in Missouri and the nation. Jefferson City, Mo: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Division of Community and Public Health.
Presentations and Lectures
- Monroe, H. (2010, April). Health literacy. Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services. Jefferson City, Mo.
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- Sigma Theta Tau, Alpha Iota Chapter