S321 Sinclair School of Nursing
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211
Psychosocial issues relating to women’s health, Theory development, Qualitative systematic review methods
- BSN, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- MSN, University of Texas-El Paso, El Paso, Texas
- PhD, University of Texas-Austin, Austin, Texas
- Post-doctoral Fellowship, University of Missouri Department of Family and Community Medicine, Columbia, Mo.
Program of Research
Psychosocial issues relating to women’s health (e.g., substance abuse, homelessness, intimate partner violence)
Selected Grants and Awards
Optimal Treatment-recovery Frameworks for Women with Substance Abuse Problems—(R21-NIH/NIDA)
- Finfgeld-Connett, D. (2016). The future of theory-generating meta-synthesis research. Qualitative Health Research, 26, 291293. doi: 10.1177/1049732315616628.
- Finfgeld-Connett, D. (2015). Intimate partner violence and its resolution among African-American women. Global Qualitative Nursing Research, 2, 1-8. Retrieved from: http://gqn.sagepub.com/cgi/reprint/2/0/2333393614565182.pdf?ijkey=nm4isekj7vXn0Kd&keytype=finite. doi: 10.1177/2333393614565182.
- Finfgeld-Connett, D. (2015). Qualitative systematic review of intimate partner violence among Native Americans. Issues in Mental Health Nursing, 36, 754-760. doi: 10.3109/01612840.2015.1047072.
- Finfgeld-Connett, D. (2015). Twitter and health science research. Western Journal of Nursing Research, 37, 1269-1283. doi: 10.1177/0193945914565056.
- Finfgeld-Connett, D. (2014). Metasynthesis findings: Potential versus reality. Qualitative Health Research, 24, 1581-1591. doi: 10.1177/1049732314548878.
- Finfgeld-Connett, D. (2014). Use of content analysis to conduct knowledge-building and theory-generating qualitative systematic reviews. Qualitative Research, 14, 341-352. doi:10.1177/1468794113481790
- Groves, P. S., Finfgeld-Connett, D., Wakefield, B. J. (2014). It’s always something: Hospital nurses managing risk. Clinical Nursing Research, 23, 295 – 312. doi:10.1177/1054773812468755
- Finfgeld-Connett, D. (2013). Intimate partner abuse among older women: A qualitative systematic review. Clinical Nursing Research. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1177/1054773813500301
- Finfgeld-Connett, D., & Johnson, E. D. (2013). Abused South Asian women in westernized countries and their experiences seeking help. Issues in Mental Health Nursing, 34, 863–873. doi: 10.3109/01612840.2013.833318
- Finfgeld-Connett, D. (2013). Intimate partner abuse among older women: A qualitative systematic review. Clinical Nursing Research, Advance online publication. doi: 10.1177/1054773813500301
- Finfgeld-Connett, D., & Johnson E. D. (2013). Literature search strategies for conducting knowledge-building and theory-generating qualitative systematic reviews. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 69, 194-204. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2648.2012.06037.x
- Finfgeld-Connett, D., Bloom, T. L., & Johnson, E. D. (2012). Perceived competency and resolution of homelessness among women with substance abuse problems. Qualitative Health Research, 22, 416-427. doi: 10.1177/1049732311421493
- Finfgeld-Connett, D., & Johnson, E. D. (2011). Substance abuse treatment for women who are under correctional supervision in the community: A systematic review of qualitative findings. Issues in Mental Health Nursing, 32, 640-648. doi: 10.3109/01612840.2011.584363 PMCID: PMC3190982
- Finfgeld-Connett, D., & Johnson, E. D. (2011). Therapeutic substance abuse treatment for incarcerated women.Clinical Nursing Research, 20, 462-481. doi: 10.1177/1054773811415844 PMCID: PMC3201785
- N9120 – Developing Frameworks for Nursing Research
- M9560 – Qualitative Systemic Reviews
- Editorial Board, Global Qualitative Nursing Research
- Editorial Review Board, Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Services