Adjunct Instructor of Nursing
S337 Sinclair School of Nursing
Columbia, MO 65211
Clinical Nurse Specialist-Adult Health, Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurse
Post-Thrombotic Syndrome; Venous Thromboembolism; Evidence-Based Practice
- BSN, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
- MSN, University of Missouri-Kansas City, Kansas City, MO
- DNP, University of Missouri-Kansas City, Kansas City, MO
- Certified Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse (Wound, Ostomy and Contienence Nursing Certification Board)
- Clinical Nurse Specialist-Adult Health (American Nurses Credentialing Center)
Area of Post-doctoral Study
Bio and Professional Experience
Dr. Carolyn Crumley has worked in a variety of settings including acute care, ambulatory care, long term care, home health and independent consulting. Her primary clinical focus is wound, ostomy and continence care with previous experience in infection control and prevention. She is currently employed as a Wound, Ostomy & Continence Nurse at Saint Luke’s East Hospital in Lee’s Summit, Mo.
- N8710 – Clinical Management of Acute and Critical Care Problems
- N8720 – Symptom Management of Acute and Chronic Illness
- Crumley, C. (2011) Post-thrombotic Syndrome Patient Education Based on the Health Belief Model: Self-reported Intention to Comply With Recommendations. Journal of Wound, Ostomy & Continence Nursing, 38(6).
Selected Presentations and Lectures
- Diagnosing, Staging & Treating Pressure Injuries. University of Missouri-Caring for the Frail Elderly Conference. Columbia, Mo. 2016.
- A Toolkit to Decrease Alarm Fatigue. University of Missouri Annual Midwest Regional Nursing Educators Conference. Columbia, Mo. 2015.
- Alarm Fatigue: Strategies to Safely Manage Clinical Alarms and Prevent Alarm Fatigue. National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists Annual Conference. San Diego, CA. 2015.
- Optimizing CNS Education. Greater Kansas City Clinical Nurse Specialists Group. CNS Collaborative. Shawnee Mission, KS. 2014.
- APRN Consensus Model, Credentialing and Titling (Keynote speaker, with Dr. Deidre Wipke-Tevis). Barnes-Jewish Hospital APR Conference. St. Louis, MO. 2014.
- Building a Continence Containment Program. Wound, Ostomy & Continence Nurses Society Annual Conference. Nashville, TN. 2014.
- VTE/DVT – Why? American Heart Association/Stroke Association Annual Kansas City Stroke Symposium. Overland Park, KS. 2012.
- Partnering to Promote Evidence Based Bastice. University of Kansas Nursing Research Symposium. Kansas City, KS. 2012.
- Continence Containment Management: Implementing Practice Changes (with JoAnn Ermer-Seltun). Wound, Ostomy & Continence Nurses Society Annual Conference. Charlotte, NC. 2012.
Honors and Awards
- Community Nurse of the Year, University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Nursing and Health Studies Alumni Service Award, 2013
- American Nurses Association/Missouri Nurses Association
- Wound, Ostomy & Continence Nurses Society
- National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists