Lila Pennington, DNP, APRN, FNP/GNP-BC
Assistant Teaching Professor
S417 Sinclair School of Nursing
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211
Family and gerontological nurse practitioer
Public health, primary care, and health of perimenopausal and older women
- BSN, University of Missouri, Columbia, Mo.
- MS(N), University of Missouri, Columbia, Mo.
- DNP, University of Tennessee, Health Science Center, Memphis, Tn.
- Previous experience – 19 ½ years experience as a family nurse practitioner and public health nursing consultant with the Missouri Department of Health.
- Faculty at MU Sinclair School of Nursing since August 1996.
- Coordinator of the Family Nurse Practitioner area of study
- Clinical practice in a rural family practice primary care clinic and a rural public health department.
- N7130 Clinical Pharmacology
- N7140 Advanced Health Assessment and Promotion
- N7110 Role Acquisition
- N8500 Primary Health Care Management of Aging I
- N8510 Primary Health Care Management of Aging II
- N8400 Clinical Management in Primary Health Care I: Adults through Aging & N8410 Clinical Management in Primary Health Care II: Adults through Aging – coordination of FNP clinical experiences
- N3870 Gerontological Nursing Care – clinical group
Pennington, D. M., Stegbauer, C., & Warren, B. (October, 2008) “Evaluation of preventive screenings in adult women with cardiovascular disease: A quality improvement project.” Poster presentation at 2008 National Doctors of Nursing Practice Conference, Memphis, TN.
Pennington, D. M. (2008). Expansion of prescriptive authority for Missouri Advanced Practice Registered Nurses: Would the benefits outweigh the costs?
Pennington, D. M. (2007). Continuing barriers to advanced nursing practice: Missouri’s quest for controlled substance prescriptive authority. Missouri Nurse, 2, 7 – 15.
Pennington, D. M., Freeland, B., & Keahey, D. (May, 2007) “Efficacy of Black Cohosh for Vasomotor Symptoms in Menopausal Women,” Poster presentation at Beta Theta-at-Large Chapter Conference, Memphis, TN.
- Missouri Nurses Association/American Nurses Association – Chair of the APRN Special Interest Group starting 2009.
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Sigma Theta Tau -- International Honor Society of Nursing
- Nursing Loan & Loan Repayment Committee – Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
- Missouri Show Me Healthy Women Advisory Board – Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services