Applications for the MS in Care Management program are accepted on a rolling basis.
Applications will be opening soon.
The online care management program educates health care professionals to improve health outcomes, enhance care quality, and reduce health care costs. Graduates will be prepared to provide care management to diverse populations in a variety of settings.
To be considered for admission to the Sinclair School of Nursing’s Master’s of Science Care Management degree program, students must meet the following requirements:
- Health-related baccalaureate degree from an accredited university.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 for the last 60 credit hours of the baccalaureate program.
- Evidence of any unencumbered current licensure in a health-related occupation (if applicable).
- Submission of a curriculum vitae or resume.
- A one-page essay describing academic and professional goals.
- Personal interview upon request.
Due to higher education regulation changes, the University of Missouri is unable to accept applications for admission to online programs from students residing in several states (highlighted below). See the State Authorization for Distance Education page at Mizzou Online to learn more.
Non-native English speaking applicants need documentation of English-language proficiency, demonstrated through a satisfactory Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score within the last two years.
- Our minimum TOEFL score requirement for the school of nursing is 600 (paper-based test), 250 (computer-based test) or 100 (Internet-based test) with no part score below 15. The minimum total academic IELTS score for graduate admission to MU is 7.0 (overall) and 6.0 (minimum bandwidth). Find out more about the English Language Requirements at the Mizzou Admissions office.
How to Apply
To apply to our MS Care Management program, submit all materials electronically, as part of your online application.
Following is a checklist of all the required materials and instructions for your application.
- Apply for admission to the university and submit your application to MU Graduate Students / MU Sinclair School of Nursing. To apply, visit the University of Missouri Graduate Studies Application.
- Submit your Graduate Studies Application Fee. As you apply using the MU Graduate Studies Application, you will be asked to upload the following documents to your online application:
- Upload unofficial copies of all transcripts, especially those documenting a health-related baccalaureate or master’s degree from a college/university that is regionally accredited. Instructions for current and former MU students to request unofficial transcripts are available here: http://registrar.missouri.edu/transcripts-records/unofficial-transcripts.php
- A personal statement of your academic and professional goals and how this program will help you achieve them. Your personal statement should be one page, typed, single-spaced, and uploaded to the Statement of Purpose section of the online application. In your personal statement, please include:
- a summary of your health related, clinical, or community background experiences
- a description of any work-related projects and/or professional committee involvement
- a description of your population and setting of interest in care management (if known)
- the type of position you intend to pursue after graduation
- long-term career goals
- Submission of evidence of any current unencumbered health related licensure and/or certifications: Upload evidence of any current unencumbered health related or nursing Registered Nurse license(s) or certification(s). For Registered Nurses, copies of license verification can be obtained from https://www.nursys.com/. (Upload to the Supplemental Materials section of the online application.)
- Submission of a curriculum vitae or resume: Upload the most current version of your curriculum vitae or resume. If submitting a curriculum vitae, use the official MU Sinclair School of Nursing format documenting educational preparation, work experience, leadership and professional organization activities, and scholarly endeavors such as publications, presentations, research, honors and awards. (Upload to the Resume/Vita section of the online application.)
- Interview upon request.
- Documentation of English-Language Proficiency: Non-native English speaking applicants must submit documentation of English-language proficiency, demonstrated through a satisfactory Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score within the last two years.
- To meet the MU Sinclair School of Nursing English proficiency requirements, TOEFL scores should be ≥ 550 (Paper-based) with no part score lower than 52 or ≥ 80 (Internet-based) with no part score below 17. The minimum total academic IELTS score is 6.5 (overall) and no bandwidth below 6.0.
- Please upload TOEFL &/or IELTS scores to the Tests section of the online application to expedite application review. More information on this policy can be found here: http://gradstudies.missouri.edu/admissions/eligibility-process/international/language-requirements.php.