Information and checklists on this page are provided for the applicant to organize the application process and packet. See the Accelerated BSN Requirements page.
- ONLY completed packets will be considered.
- Applications will ONLY be accepted between June 1 and the second Friday of October.
- Applications MUST be received by the School of Nursing Student Advising office (S235) no later than second Friday of October, not postmarked.
Steps to Apply:
- Complete MUSSON application.
- Complete University of Missouri application. Make sure MU Admissions has received all necessary official transcripts. You will be applying as a pre-nursing student. If you are taking, or may plan to take, any prerequisite courses at MU please apply for the correct semester; for instance, if you might take Pathophysiology in the spring semester apply for spring, not summer.
- A copy of all unofficial transcripts must be submitted with your School of Nursing application; highlight all prerequisite course(s) for reviewers (including MU).
- You must have two reference forms prepared and sent back to you. These must be professional references. Other letters of support may be included in your packet.
- Please see Accelerated Reference Forms for complete details.
- Please note: these forms are to be included in YOUR application packet. You must allow enough time for your reference to complete and return to you.
- If you think a reference may not be timely you may submit more than two reference forms to ensure your packet is complete.
- Prepare a personal statement, no more than two pages, must be double-spaced. The statement should include career goals and views of nursing as a profession.
All applications undergo an initial screening. Only selected candidates will progress to a personal interview and possible admission. The interviews, for those selected, usually occur on/before the middle of December. It is important to list an accurate phone number on the application to make this process go smoothly.
Interviewed candidates will be notified by email after the beginning of the year, before spring semester starts. This allows enough time for those selected to register for prerequisite course(s) remaining. We ask that you not contact our office regarding your acceptance.
Additional information can be found on the application.
Application packet MUST contain the following items:
- Completed MUSSON application
- Application to MU Admissions is completed or in progress
- Unofficial transcript(s). All prerequisite coursework must be highlighted on transcripts for the reviewers.
- Personal Statement
- Professional resume
- Two (2) Accelerated Reference Forms (You may include additional letter(s) of support)
Please return or mail your completed application packet to:
Accelerated BSN Application
Sinclair School of Nursing /S235
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211
Please note: Applicants to any option or area of study of the MU Sinclair School of Nursing are considered on a competitive and space‐available basis.
After you have reviewed (or completed) the application and if you have further questions, you may contact the MU School of Nursing Student Advising office at 573.882.0277 or 800.439.4337.